Because it uses hot glue younger children will need adult help, but older kids may be fine on their own. It uses a tissue box, rocks, moss, garden image, and Jesus image, to create a wonderful scene of Jesus passion – The Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane.
- Rectangle Tissue box (empty)
- Rocks (at least one that’s about ½ to 1 inch high, for the Jesus cutout)
- Moss (Spanish moss, floral moss or other moss)
- 1 sheet of black construction paper (or black paint)
- Garden picture printout –This PDF is available HERE
- Jesus picture printout~ Printout on stock paper or glue to thin cardboard
- White Glue or Glue stick
- Hot Glue
- Black Marker
- Other small outdoor items like twigs, evergreen branches, etc. (optional)
Cut the top off the tissue box. You may need to tape the corners if this makes the box weak.
Use the construction paper to cover the inside sides of the tissue box. The long one is for the top of the box and the others go on the sides. (The bottom and back will be covered later.)
Now cover a small area of the bottom of the box with hot glue and have the child drop the moss onto the hot glue. They can then use a stick or clothespin to press it down.
(Do not use fingers or you will get burnt by the hot glue!)
Continue doing more small areas until the bottom is covered with moss.
If you wish you may add twigs, small evergreen branches or other garden/outdoor items to your scene to make it look even more interesting.