This is a simple art project to help kids practice painting straight lines. Practice makes perfect and even young kids can learn to paint straight lines, with a little practice! But the best part of this simple art project is that it’s a great reminder that Jesus is truly present in the Host at church during Mass.
You will need:
- Stock paper or construction paper or canvas paper
(color of your choice – We used black and white)
- paint: – white and yellow on black paper
-yellow and red on white paper
- paper plate or cups for holding paint
- Host printable – Available Here (includes printable instructions)
- newspaper to cover the work area
- brown paint or brown paper for “Cross Version” (optional)
After the paint is dry the children can add the host circle to the center of the rays!
You may prefer to simply make the rays and add a cross.
Add the cross with brown paint or glue down two strips
of brown paper (as pictured).
Download the printable instructions and host HERE