She turned out so nice!
Again this project requires the use of hot glue, so if you plan to make these with small children they will need help. Older children may be able to do these on their own if they are accustomed to using hot glue.
- dark brown felt dress *(see felt cutting instructions)
- white felt head covering (habit) *
- light brown felt cloak *
- white felt collar *
- wooden old fashioned clothes pin
- 4 inch piece of string (for waist)
- 2 inch piece of string (for scapular)
- small scraps of brown and white felt for mini scapular
- mini old fashioned clothes pin (for baby)
- scrap piece of white felt for baby
- wooden ring (to help the doll stand, if it needs help)
- Gold ribbon for crown
- hot glue and gun
After cutting out your felt pieces, (as directed in the cutting instructions above) slip the round clothes pin head into the hole of your dress. You may need to add a drop of hot glue at the upper chest and upper back of the doll clothespin to keep the dress from sliding down the clothespin.
Now, wrap the collar around the neck and hot glue it in place. Make sure the collar’s opening/seam is in the back.