Elizabeth, my Liturgical Ornament making buddy, dressed as St. Clare of Assisi. We already had the costume from when she dressed as St Therese. The only thing new was the monstrance.
To make this costume we used:
- habit from THIS nun costume — a few more options: HERE : HERE : HERE
The long black nun rode was actually used by her older brother for a St. Peregrine costume.
- brown robe like THIS or THIS – OT is cheaper HERE
- tan sheet or material (light weight)
- string for cloak (we used a shoe string)
- monstrance (which we made – I\’ll be posting instructions for this in the future)
We used the nun habit and the brown robe for the main part of the costume. We created the cloak by folding a tan piece of material over a string and then tie it (loosely) around her neck.
Our St. Clare was kinda camera shy, but I took the opportunity to get a good picture of the monstrance. 🙂 I will post instructions for this later.
St. Clare of Assisi, pray for us.