Several months back a wonderful lady, Nannet, emailed me and asked me to create a craft that would teach kids all about the vestments that priests wear during Mass. Her craft idea didn’t sound too hard so I told her I’d give it a try. I began to search for information about priests’ vestments, but I had no idea that there is so much more to vestments than meets the eye. My search for information turned into a big job!
Priest vestments may seem simple, but in reality, they have a lot of history and in-depth meaning. After learning so much I felt that a simple craft just isn’t enough to teach kids about this interesting part of our faith!
- Print page 1 of the PDF onto stock paper / heavy paper. Cut out the two squares.
- Cut out the chasuble area on the priest’s vestments. The lines are extra thick for easy cutting.
- Staple the two squares back-to-back, but leave one side unstapled.
- Create a 4 x4 ½ inch square of each of the liturgical colors from colored paper.
(red, white, green, and purple – you can do black, too, but that’s rarely used).
- Slide the colored paper sheets between the squares in the opening of the unstapled side of the squares.
The color which you can see through the priest’s chasuble should be the liturgical color of the day. This color can be changed each day as the liturgical color changes.
and add colored paper to the inside of the CD case.
Note: All printers print differently, so check the size before using a CD case.
Craft with straight down stole
Craft with a crossed stole
Because it would be very difficult to cut the Faddleback chasuble,
I have only created this craft with a Gothic chasuble.
Vestment Coloring Pages
You also might like these coloring pages:
Choose the one that better fits your parish!
This ebook, printable craft, and coloring pages are all free!
from our Download Shop!