It’s important for children to learn about Eucharistic Adoration and Holy Hours. What better way to pray to Jesus!?
But before you take them to an Adoration Chapel or a service, it might be good to introduce them to the idea.
This Monstrance Craft might be a huge help!
- Clear tape
- Printable Monstrance and Host – Click here
- Sheet of construction paper for the background (blue or black look nice)
- Decorative items like glitter/glitter glue, gems, sequins, etc.
- Crayons to color the Monstrance. (yellow, orange, & red)
Print the Monstrance sheet onto yellow paper and cut out. (No coloring necessary.)
Another Extra Idea…
Use the Monstrance sheet as a coloring page and add your decorations. (This is nice if you hate cutting.)
- If you are not using this printable as a coloring sheet, cut out your Monstrance. Color it if you did not print them out on colored paper. Glue the Monstrance onto the construction paper.
- Now decorate the Monstrance with glitter, gems, and sequins or whatever else you choose. You may also decorate the construction paper background, if desired.
- Glue the Jesus resurrected circle on to the Monstrance’s center circle.
- With a small piece of clear tape attach the Eucharist to create a door that opens to reveal the image of Jesus.
Oh my!! Our Little Flowers meeting is this Monday and this will be perfect. We are doing Joy this month and I was having a hard time coming up with a craft. Since the saint is St. Clare of Assisi, we'll make monstrances instead. Certainly Joy in Jesus!!!
I want to say THANK YOU!