- Printable Instructions (if desired)
- half-sheet of light blue construction paper
Note: half sheets are easier and less intimidating for kids to work with.
Note: light blue paper is easier for kids who are just starting to learn this skill. This way they don’t feel the need to fill the paper.
- paint brush with a fine point
- cup to fill with water
- medium blue
- The more water you add, the softer the color.
- The less water you add, the darker the color.
- If you add water to the paper the colors will “bleed” further and easier, but the painting will be lighter.
- The paint will be lighter in color when it’s dry. So the colors you see while it’s wet will change when it’s dry.
If you wish you can use more plain water on your brush to make the colors blend together.
Bottom left to right – Elizabeth age 10 – Joshua age 11
Have fun trying this, too! And remember this is a painting of Good Friday, so if the painting looks a little messy, it adds to the sad feeling of the painting.
Please pray for me and I’ll pray for you.